Koorana is looking for expressions of interest for experienced Non-Executive Directors.
About the opportunity
Koorana is seeking to grow its Board as part of its succession planning and investment in its future. Being a skills-based board, the specific types of expertise and experience currently sought are in the areas of:
· Commercial knowledge including CEO experience.
· Allied health professional.
· Early learning experience.
· Business technologist (with a strong interest in cyber).
· Fundraising and community engagement/community marketing.
You must also be able to demonstrate the application of corporate governance principles in the context of a commercial enterprise, not-for-profit enterprise or other regulated entities.
Koorana’s vision is to create and support learning and social opportunities in caring environments for all children and young people.
We are a not-for-profit children’s organisation, working with children and young people 0-18 years of all abilities. Our services include:
- High-quality early childhood education to 160 children a week – 25% of these places are reserved for children with disabilities and high learning support needs;
- Early intervention and allied health support to over 300 families a year;
- Family support services including playgroups to over 1,400 families a year across Sydney.
Koorana employs over 65 staff and has a turnover of approximately $6.5 million per annum.
Koorana values self-determination, universal access and equity, mutual respect, collaboration, ethical behaviour, and integrity. Our practice is driven by family-centred principles and evidence-based best practice, fostering natural community inclusion and quality management through the key worker model. Our services are designed to ensure that families are well-informed, have choices, and are supported in their decisions.
The Board’s focus is on strategically building individual and collective capability and performance, developing new products, services and affiliate partner channels. The Board seeks to expand our community impact and reach new families by growing services which support all children and families. Koorana operates out of our Head Office in Belmore and our satellite office in Miranda and provides services to children over a large geographic footprint including Sydney’s inner west, south-west and the Sutherland shire.
It truly is an exciting time to join the Board and organisation as we continue to transform our services using evidence-based research and enabling technologies.
What we can offer you?
· Exciting opportunity to be part of transforming the organisation’s future.
· Having new challenges and opportunities for personal growth.
· Enjoying working with and having the support of skilled colleagues.
· Access to training as may be appropriate.
· Out of pocket expenses being reimbursed.
Koorana is committed to child safety and empowerment. Koorana has zero tolerance to child abuse and takes seriously any concerns about child safety. We have a robust framework to ensure child safety. Koorana seeks to ensure that its employees are skilled people to work with children. All people who are engaged in child-related work and who are not exempt, including volunteers, are required to hold a Working with Children Check and National Police Check and must provide evidence of these checks.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and support an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
No recruiters, please. We love the work you do but are going solo on this one. We promise… if we need help, we’ll reach out to you.