In line with current government advice, all face-to-face supported playgroups have been suspended until further notice. To continue to support you, Koorana has launched a Playgroup Facebook page!
Our playgroups team are also running two playgroup sessions per day. Join us for a dose of fun filled play with our team of experts at 11am and 2pm daily.
Please check our Playgroup Facebook page for our most up to date schedule or call 9750 4100.
Online Playgroups are ON! Let the play take over!
Our Early Childhood Educator and Family worker will answer your questions about your child’s developmental milestones or needs.
11:00 am & 2:00 pm
What is a Supported Playgroup?
Koorana’s Supported Playgroups provide play activities that promote early learning, support for parents and carers in their parenting role, and assist families to establish supportive social connections.
Who is it for?
Koorana’s Playgroups are for families with a child between the ages of 0 and 6. All groups are tailored to the individual needs of the families attending.
What does a Supported Playgroup look like?
- Supported playgroups provide lots of play activities suitable for your child’s age so they can play alongside and with other children, make friends, and have fun.
- Language and music group experiences are provided to help your child learn new skills, for example concentration and listening, sharing and turn taking, communicating and participating with others.
- Staff will provide you with information about other services and community activities that may be useful, and will suggest practical ideas to assist you in your parenting role.
- Babies and toddlers are included, with activities provided for you to enjoy together.
- This develops your child’s independence and confidence, and prepares them for other educational settings such as preschool, day care or school.
Where do Supported Playgroups take place?
Koorana run a range of playgroups in community halls and parks across the Bankstown and Canterbury region. Please contact us to find a playgroup near you.
How long do Supported Playgroups go for?
Playgroups run for two hours from 10 am to 12 pm. They are run on various weekdays during school terms.
What if I do not speak English?
We can arrange an interpreter as per your needs.
What is the cost of playgroups?
Playgroups are FREE and everyone is welcome.