Koorana works with schools to provide a range of school clinics that have been specifically developed in consultation with the school to meet their educational support needs.
Koorana’s School Clinics Program
Koorana’s School Clinics program aims to boost the long-term educational attainment and personal well-being of primary-age children with additional learning and behaviour support needs. Our clinics are developed and delivered in partnership with each school to identify challenges faced by individual students and to strategies that unlock the potential for educational achievement and personal growth.
Koorana’s School Clinics program contains a number of components that can be applied flexibly to suit each school’s particular needs.
These components may include:
- Workshops for teachers and parents about child development topics (such as developmental milestones, speech and language development, mental health in children;
- Therapeutic screening clinics for students to establish individual support needs;
- Professional recommendations and development of specific strategies to boost learning and well-being;
- Provision of further information and resources for skills development;
- Coaching for parents wishing to apply therapeutic principles in the home to support their children’s learning journey; and
- External referrals and signposting to community supports as needed.
Schools and parents will be able to tailor the program by choosing the most relevant therapy and learning components as well as the most suitable professionals from Koorana’s team to deliver these. Our team includes speech pathologists, occupational therapists, psychologists, behaviour support specialists and physiotherapists.
These clinics are funded either through successful grant applications or by fundraising in the community.
If you would like to hear more about the exciting work that we do in this area contact the team at Koorana to discuss how we can work with you.