Koorana Child and Family Services is seeking expressions of interest for two (2) experienced volunteer non-executive director vacancies.
Koorana is a multi-disciplinary social purpose organisation that provides services and targeted programs for children 0-18 years of all abilities to learn and develop new skills.. More specifically we offer Early Childhood Education , Child and Family Support Programs, Early Intervention and Disability Services, and Sector Capacity Building.
The Boards’ focus is on strategically building individual and collective capability and performance, developing new products, services and affiliate partner channels. The Board seeks to expand on our already strong consumer base and expand our community impact and reach new families bysupporting a geographically mobile and dispersed workforce. Koorana operates out of head office in Belmore providing services to children over a large geographic foot-print covering Sydney, the inner west, the south west and the south east of the metropolitan area.
It truly is an exciting time to join the organisation as we transform our services using evidence-based research and enabling technologies.
About the Role
You may already be a Board Member or looking to commence your Board career.
The application of corporate governance principles in the context of a commercial enterprise, not-for-profit enterprise or other regulated entities is an important understanding you must be able to demonstrate.
Customer-centricity, brand engagement, creating an enabling legal environment and extending an organisation’s reach and impact are equally attractive skillsets.
Other general board skills required include:
- Strategic, systems and critical thinker who gets satisfaction from compounding small improvements.
- Ambitious ‘do-er’ looking to take on more strategy and leadership, or an established leader and strategist who is willing to dive back into the nitty gritty of implementation if required.
- Having management and administration in a senior executive or management role for at least a minimum period of five (5) years.
- Passion for ensuring excellent customer experience at every touchpoint, understanding the value of operational excellence in a commercial and contestable customer market place.
- Experience in knowing when an organisation is placing the right message in front of the right people at the right time.
Being a skills-based board, the specific types expertise and experience currently sought are in the areas of:
Marketing & Communications
- Data driven growth marketer and communication leader with a deep experience in strategic performance marketing.
- Heart-led storyteller with a passion for delivering highly compelling and informative pieces of work across digital journeys.
- Have built a brand that customers love and a customer experience that delivers high NPS, low churn and prompts organic word of mouth.
- Solid understanding of the marcom trends and technologies shaping the post-COVID era. consumer acquisition and experience landscape.
Legal & Governance
- Experienced Solicitor/In-House General Counsel who has a wide range of legal experience in the areas of administration, contracts partnership, employment, and government contracts.
- Have the understanding and the ability to analyse the risk and legal ramifications of creative confrontations.
- Have provided analysis evaluation and expert advice on proposals or submissions for changes to practices, procedures, legislation and/or policies.
- Hold an unrestricted practicing certificate
What is on offer?
- Exciting opportunity to be part of transforming the organisation’s future
- Having new challenges and opportunities for personal growth
- Enjoying working with and having the support of skilled colleagues
- Access to training as may be appropriate
- Out of pocket expenses being reimbursed
For more information about the roles and how they fit within Koorana, please contact Allan Laurie at NOVUS Search Partners at email@example.com.
Successful applicants for the Board positions will need to undergo a Criminal Records Check (which will be reviewed every two years) and a Working with Children Check prior to being formally appointed.
Koorana is dedicated to creating inclusive and accessible candidate experiences for all and we encourage you to contact us if you have suggestions on how we can improve or adjust our approach to ensure an enjoyable, fair and informative candidate experience.