Join our team as a Specialist Teacher.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a University qualified, experienced, skilled and passionate teacher to join Koorana as part of Sector Capacity Building Program.
To be successful, candidates will need:
- Degree in Early Childhood Education.
- Qualifications and/or experience in Special Education
- Experience in the delivery of evidence-based early childhood Intervention practices and processes
- Practical experience working with children with additional learning needs in natural learning environments e.g. home, educational and community-based settings
- A solid theoretical understanding of child development and of disabilities
- Knowledge of the principles of family-centred practice
- Experience working within a team environment implementing transdisciplinary practice
- Knowledge of legislative National Regulations and National Laws, disability standards, and experience in their practical application
- Ability to interpret professional reports
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, prioritise, plan ahead, anticipate risks and problem solve
- Demonstrated ability to work in a culturally diverse community
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office computer applications
Koorana offers the right applicant:
- attractive remuneration
- above Award salary and conditions
- tax free salary sacrificing benefits
- the opportunity to work in innovative community-based programs
- ongoing professional development
- flexible working conditions
How to apply for this job
For more information call Helen Wilkinson, General Manager Client Services, on (02) 8321 9600.
To apply, please send your cover letter addressing the selection criteria and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Preferred candidates will be subject to a Working with Children Check and Criminal Record Check
While we really appreciate all applications, we can’t guarantee we will be able to get back to all who apply, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.