Koorana Child & Family Services Ltd
Belmore, Sydney NSW
Speech Pathologist (Healthcare & Medical)
Hybrid • Permanent • Part-time • Associate
Seeking an experienced Paediatric Speech Pathologist to join our innovative and supportive Early Intervention & Allied Health team!
What is on Offer?
- Salary based on qualifications and experience + annual performance reviews with options for career progression.
- Attractive salary package + salary packaging benefit (up to $18,550 per year) + options to access novated leasing arrangements including a performance-based incentive program to reward employees who exceed their KPIs.
- Flexible working arrangements available to ensure a healthy work-life balance.
- Hybrid work environment incorporating our brand-new office and clinic at Belmore which contains a sensory gym.
- Professional training and development encouraging employees to obtain relevant skills, knowledge, and abilities that enhance their performance in their current role and improve their potential to grow both personally and professionally within the organisation.
- Working in a transdisciplinary team along with Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Specialist Teachers, Psychologists, Behaviour Support Practitioners and other Speech Pathologists.
- ‘Refer a Friend to Koorana’ incentive rewards program.
- Work mobile phone and Surface Pro device provided.
About the Role
You will be working in a variety of settings including clinic, community-based (in home, early education settings and schools) and tele-health. Working within our transdisciplinary team, you will be responsible for providing speech therapy and support services to children aged 0-18 with additional needs and their families. Some of the key responsibilities are:
- Collaboratively planning, implementing, and evaluating the allied health program.
- Participating in transdisciplinary practice and consulting with other relevant agencies.
- Referring to other professionals or agencies as appropriate.
- Maintaining a high degree of professional awareness regarding current best practice and research in the field, and always ensuring the application of these principles.
- Gradually working up to maintaining a clinical caseload.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- To have outstanding time management skills.
- To be able to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team.
- The desire to be challenged and progress further as a therapist.
- The ability to work autonomously and be efficient at problem-solving.
- To have a demonstrated ability to work in a culturally diverse community and build strong relationships with families.
Qualifications & Certifications
- A recognised degree in Speech Pathology.
- Current SPA Registration.
- Working with Children Check.
- National Police Check.
- Current Drivers licence.
- 3 x Covid-19 vaccination or have an approved medical contraindication certificate.
Koorana works with all children, and is committed to delivering quality early childhood education, intervention and family support services that acknowledge and respect all individuals. Koorana provides a diverse range of early childhood education, intervention, therapy, and family support services across the Inner West, Southwest, St George & Sutherland Shire areas of Sydney.
We are committed to child safety and empowerment. Koorana has zero tolerance to child abuse and take seriously any concerns about child safety. We have a robust framework to ensure child safety. Koorana seeks to ensure that its employees are skilled people to work with children. All people who are engaged in child-related work and who are not exempt, including volunteers, are required to hold a Working with Children Check and National Police Check and must provide evidence of these checks.
If this role is just what you are looking for, then we would love to hear from you! Apply now with your resume and cover letter and by answering the candidate screening questions. Please let us know if you have any questions by calling Jane Munro on 0407 502 154 or by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and support an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff from all ethnicities, faiths, sexual orientations, gender identities and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
No recruiters, please. We love the work you do but are going solo on this one. If we need help, we’ll reach out to you.