An exciting opportunity for an experienced Paediatric Physiotherapist to join our trans-disciplinary supportive team on a permanent role.
About the Role
We work within a family focused framework, using the best practice, enhanced key worker model. This role is responsible for working collaboratively with the family and professional team to deliver specific expertise to support children’s learning and development.
In this role, you will be working within a trans-disciplinary team and will be responsible for resourcing families with specific expertise to support their child’s skill development and learning. Some of the key responsibilities of this role are:
- Providing Physiotherapy support to address specific needs of children enrolled in a Koorana service
- Collaborative planning, implementation and evaluation of holistic service delivery
- Participating in trans-disciplinary practice within the team and consultation with other relevant agencies
- Referring to other professionals or agencies as appropriate
- Maintaining a high degree of professional awareness regarding current best practice and research in the field, and ensuring the application of these principles at all times
- Individual assessments as necessary
Koorana Child and Family Services is a community-owned children’s organisation, committed to the provision of high-quality early childhood education, intervention, and family support services across Sydney. Koorana works with all children and is committed to delivering quality children’s services through the provision of early childhood education, intervention and family support in ways that acknowledge and respect all individuals.
Koorana values self-determination, universal access and equity, mutual respect, collaboration, ethical behaviour and integrity. Our practice is driven by family-centred principles and evidence-based best practice, fostering natural community inclusion and quality management through the key worker model.
Koorana’s services are designed to ensure that families are well informed, have choices, and are supported in their decisions.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Sound knowledge and experience in paediatric physiotherapy
- Experience delivering therapy within natural learning environments e.g. home, educational and community-based settings
- A degree qualification in Physiotherapy
- Registration with the Physiotherapy Board of Australia
- Current membership of the Australian Physiotherapy Association
- Experience working in a team environment delivering trans-disciplinary practice
- Demonstrated ability to work in a culturally diverse community
- Current drivers’ licence and access to a vehicle.
What is on Offer?
Koorana offers the right applicant:
- The opportunity to work in innovative programs with supportive work environment
- An attractive salary package, including salary sacrificing benefit
- Generous programming and planning time
- Flexible work arrangements based on client needs
- Opportunities for professional development
Preferred candidates will be subject to a Working with Children and Criminal record check.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
No recruiters, please. We love the work you do but are going solo on this one. We promise… if we need help, we’ll reach out to you.