Koorana Child and Family Services Ltd
Belmore, Sydney NSW
Physiotherapy, OT & Rehabilitation (Healthcare & Medical)
Starting from $75,000 + Super + NFP Salary Sacrifice
Koorana is looking for a Physiotherapist with an interest in paediatrics to join our innovative and supportive Allied Health & Early Intervention Services Team!
You will be working in a variety of settings including clinic, school clinics, and community-based (in-home, early education settings, and schools). We work from a best practice enhanced key worker model and have a specific focus on supporting children and young people with additional needs, and their families.
You will be responsible for providing physiotherapy support services to families who have a child with additional needs enrolled in one of Koorana’s services. Some of the key responsibilities of this role are:
- Collaborative planning, implementing and evaluating the allied health program.
- Participating in transdisciplinary practice within the team and consulting with other relevant agencies.
- Referring to other professionals or agencies as appropriate.
- Maintaining a high degree of professional awareness regarding current best practice and research in the field and always ensuring the application of these principles.
- Individual assessments as necessary.
- Providing clinical support to other allied health practitioners across Koorana.
Koorana’s vision is to create and support learning and social opportunities in caring environments for all children and young people.
We are a community-owned children’s organisation, working with all children, committed to the provision of high-quality early childhood education, intervention, and family support services across Sydney in ways that acknowledge and respect all individuals.
Koorana values self-determination, universal access and equity, mutual respect, collaboration, ethical behaviour, and integrity. Our practice is driven by family-centred principles and evidence-based best practice, fostering natural community inclusion and quality management through the key worker model.
Our services are designed to ensure that families are well informed, have choices, and are supported in their decisions.
Why Consider Working With Us
Remuneration & Allowances
- Generous above award salaries.
- An attractive salary package, including salary packaging benefit of up to $18,550 per year and options to access novated leasing arrangements
- Refer a friend rewards program.
What we supply?
- Opportunities for professional development including a designated budget per employee.
- Milage reimbursement for work related travel.
- Comfortable and stylish Polo shirts to wear when representing Koorana.
- Surface Pro, Mobile Phone.
Work Culture & Wellbeing
- A permanent role with options for either fulltime or parttime position.
- The opportunity to work in innovative program and supportive work environment.
- Generous programming and planning time.
- Realistic KPIs.
- Broaden knowledge and skillset by collaborating with our other allied health professionals.
- Opportunities to achieve generous bonus remuneration.
- Career growth opportunities.
- A personalised induction program.
- Annual performance reviews.
- Generous paid parental leave conditions.
- Access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Quarterly team building events.
- Sponsorship opportunities for suitable applicants.
To be successful in this role, you will need to:
- Have a recognised degree in physiotherapy.
- Current AHPRA Registration.
- Two years experience as a physiotherapist.
- To enjoy working with children.
- To be a good active listener.
- To have outstanding time management skills.
- To be able to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team.
- The desire to be challenged and progress further as a therapist.
- The ability to work autonomously and be efficient at problem solving.
- To have the ability to build strong relationships with families.
- To have a demonstrated ability to work in a culturally diverse community.
- Current driver’s licence and access to a comprehensively insured vehicle and be willing to travel to our client’s around the South West, Inner West Sydney, Sutherland Shire and St George areas of Sydney.
- To be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical contraindication certificate. You will be required to provide a record of your COVID-19 vaccination status if successful.
If this role is just what you are looking for, then we would love to hear from you! Apply now with your resume and cover letter. Please let us know if you have any questions by contacting Jacqui Myers on 0428 135 403 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorship may be available to suitable candidates.
Koorana is committed to child safety and empowerment. Koorana has zero tolerance to child abuse and take seriously any concerns about child safety. We have a robust framework to ensure child safety. Koorana seeks to ensure that its employees are skilled people to work with children. All people who are engaged in child-related work and who are not exempt, including volunteers, are required to hold a Working with Children Check and National Police Check and must provide evidence of these checks.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and support an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
No recruiters, please. We love the work you do but are going solo on this one. We promise… if we need help, we’ll reach out to you.
Your application will include the following questions:
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- Do you have a current Australian driver’s licence?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?