Koorana Child and Family Services Ltd
Belmore, Sydney NSW
Physiotherapy, OT & Rehabilitation (Healthcare & Medical)
Koorana is looking for Occupational Therapists with an interest in paediatrics to join our innovative and supportive Early Intervention & Allied Health team!
Koorana’s vision is to create and support learning and social opportunities in caring environments for all children and young people.
We are a community-owned children’s organisation, working with all children, committed to the provision of high-quality early childhood education, intervention, and family support services across Sydney in ways that acknowledge and respect all individuals.
Koorana values self-determination, universal access and equity, mutual respect, collaboration, ethical behaviour, and integrity. Our practice is driven by family-centred principles and evidence-based best practice, fostering natural community inclusion and quality management through the key worker model.
Our services are designed to ensure that families are well-informed, have choices, and are supported in their decisions.
About the Role
You will be working in a variety of settings including clinic, community-based (in home, early education settings and schools) and tele-health. We work from a best practice enhanced key worker model and have a specific focus on supporting children and young people with additional needs, and their families.
In this role, you will be mentored and led by a designated Team Leader and Senior Practitioners, working within our transdisciplinary team.
You will be responsible for providing occupational therapy and support services to families who have a child with additional needs enrolled in one of Koorana’s services. Some of the key responsibilities of this role are:
- Collaboratively planning, implementing and evaluating the allied health program.
- Participating in transdisciplinary practice and consulting with other relevant agencies.
- Referring to other professionals or agencies as appropriate.
- Maintaining a high degree of professional awareness regarding current best practice and research in the field, and always ensuring the application of these principles.
- Gradually working up to maintaining a clinical caseload.
- Providing clinical support to occupational therapists and other allied health practitioners across Koorana.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- A recognised degree in Occupational Therapy.
- Current (or awaiting) AHPRA Registration.
- To enjoy working with children.
- To be a good active listener.
- To have outstanding time management skills.
- To be able to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team.
- The desire to be challenged and progress further as a therapist.
- The ability to work autonomously and be efficient at problem-solving.
- To have the ability to build strong relationships with families.
- To have a demonstrated ability to work in a culturally diverse community.
- Current driver’s licence and access to a comprehensively insured vehicle and be willing to travel to our clients around the South West, Inner West, Sutherland Shire and St George areas of Sydney.
- To be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical contraindication certificate. You will be required to provide a record of your COVID-19 vaccination status if successful.
What is on Offer?
Remuneration & Allowances
- Salary based on qualifications and experience
- An attractive salary package, including salary packaging benefit of up to $18,550 per year and options to access novated leasing arrangements
- Opportunities for professional training & development
- Refer a friend rewards.
What we supply?
- Comfortable and stylish Polo shirts to wear when representing Koorana.
- Work mobile phone and Surface Pro.
Work Culture and wellbeing
- Permanent full time or part time positions.
- The opportunity to work in innovative program and supportive work environment.
- Access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Quarterly team building events.
- Paid parental leave.
- Opportunities and Career Growth.
- Annual performance reviews with options for career progression.
- Broaden knowledge and skillset by collaborating real-time amongst our various teams.
If this role is just what you are looking for, then we would love to hear from you!
Apply now with your resume and cover letter. Please let us know if you have any questions by calling Jacqui Myers on 0428 135 403 or emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Koorana is committed to child safety and empowerment. Koorana has zero tolerance to child abuse and take seriously any concerns about child safety. We have a robust framework to ensure child safety. Koorana seeks to ensure that its employees are skilled people to work with children. All people who are engaged in child-related work and who are not exempt, including volunteers, are required to hold a Working with Children Check and National Police Check and must provide evidence of these checks.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and support an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
No recruiters, please. We love the work you do but are going solo on this one. We promise… if we need help, we’ll reach out to you.
Your application should address the following questions:
- Do you have the required qualifications?
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (Ahpra)?
- Which of the following best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- Do you have a current Working with Children’s (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Australian Driver’s License?
- Do you have access to a comprehensively insured motor vehicle to use for work purposes?