We have exciting opportunities for NDIS Behaviour Support Practitioners (Core and Proficient) to join our trans-disciplinary team on a permanent role based in the Inner West.
About the Role
Koorana’s paediatric allied health services encompass individual therapy, as well as therapy integrated in early childhood education and intervention programs.
Along with a range of allied health services, Koorana offers Behaviour Support services to children and implements family-centred therapeutic and behaviour management programs. We work from a best practice, Enhanced Key Worker model and have a specific focus on supporting children with additional needs, including those with Autism Spectrum Disorder, and their families.
Reporting to the Service Manager, the Behaviour Support Practitioner is responsible for ensuring the provision of behaviour support services to children engaged in Koorana’s NDIS services and their families who require it. The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Provide behaviour supports in keeping with Koorana’s NDIS Behaviour Support Practice Policy and relevant Commonwealth legislation and rules;
- Provide Positive Behaviour Support services to address children’s behaviours of concern;
- Participate in trans-disciplinary practice within the team and consult with other relevant agencies
- Refer to other professionals or agencies as appropriate;
- Maintaining a high degree of professional awareness of current evidence-based best practice and research in behaviour support, and ensure application of these principles at all times;
- Complete and comply with all relevant billing, reporting and record keeping requirements associated with clients accessing behaviour support services under the NDIS.
- Uphold and adhere to values and principles essential for Behaviour Support Practitioners as defined in the PBS Framework;
These are permanent positions with days/ times worked flexible to suit your availability. These positions are based in Belmore but requires travel to clients across the Inner West, South West of Sydney, as well as the Sutherland Shire.
Koorana Child and Family Services is a community-owned children’s organisation, committed to the provision of high-quality early childhood education, intervention, and family support services across Sydney. Koorana works with all children and is committed to delivering quality children’s services through the provision of early childhood education, intervention and family support in ways that acknowledge and respect all individuals.
Koorana values self-determination, universal access and equity, mutual respect, collaboration, ethical behaviour and integrity. Our practice is driven by family-centred principles and evidence-based best practice, fostering natural community inclusion and quality management through the key worker model.
Koorana’s services are designed to ensure that families are well informed, have choices, and are supported in their decisions.
To be considered for a position you will hold tertiary qualifications in Psychology or equivalent with all relevant registrations to practice within your field. For Proficient or above level, you must be recognised by the NDIS Commissioner or eligible to meet those requirements.
On merit, other qualifications may be considered including Occupational Therapy and Social Work qualifications. However, for these applications, equivalent skills and experience in behaviour support must be demonstrated.
You will have demonstrated experience and knowledge of conducting a range of formal paediatric assessments and effective communication of assessment outcomes including, but not limited to, assessments of development, cognitive, and adaptive behaviour functions.
Strong time-management skills and the ability to manage your own workflow without supervision, including the scheduling/ rescheduling of appointments and maintaining regular communication with your client base will be critical to your success with us. You will have access to a comprehensively insured vehicle.
What is on Offer?
Koorana offers the right applicant:
- The opportunity to work in innovative programs with supportive work environment
- An attractive salary package, including salary sacrificing benefit
- Generous planning time with flexibility
- Assurance of a sound work life balance
Preferred candidates will be subject to a Working with Children and Criminal record check.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
No recruiters, please. We love the work you do but are going solo on this one. We promise… if we need help, we’ll reach out to you.i