Koorana Child & Family Services is seeking to engage a business assurance expert to undertake a review and set up a management system of its regulatory, legislative, and contractual requirements.
About the Role
The project can be concluded in a full-time capacity over the course of six (6) months or in a part-time capacity over the course of no more than twelve (12) months. It broadly comprises of:
- auditing all regulatory, legislative, and contractual requirements;
- documenting these, and
- conducting a gap analysis against existing policies, procedures and systems;
- reviewing all contractual obligations and developing
- a contract repository, and
- a contract register;
- developing a document management and tracking system to alert and trace key requirements and milestones;
- developing a quality management system to ensure internal quality controls and checks are in place to maintain best practice;
- reviewing any remaining policies to improve best practice, and resolve gaps identified in the audit;
- leading the communication with the team to bring awareness to Koorana’s policies, procedures and protocols and embed these within the organisations practice and culture.
Koorana Child and Family Services is a community-owned children’s organisation, committed to the provision of high-quality early childhood education, intervention, and family support services across Sydney. Koorana works with all children and is committed to delivering quality children’s services through the provision of early childhood education, intervention and family support in ways that acknowledge and respect all individuals.
Koorana values self-determination, universal access and equity, mutual respect, collaboration, ethical behaviour and integrity. Our practice is driven by family-centred principles and evidence-based best practice, fostering natural community inclusion and quality management through the key worker model.
Koorana’s services are designed to ensure that families are well informed, have choices, and are supported in their decisions.
To be successful in this role, you will bring relevant experience and expertise in business assurance principles, preferably in the domain of children’s services, disability support and the not-for-profit space.
Essential is also prior exposure to the regulatory framework within which Koorana operates. This extends to NSW and Commonwealth authorities and associated rules and legislation, including the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission, the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority, the Early Childhood Education and Care Directorate, NSW Department of Education and Communities, the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission, the Australian Taxation Office and the Australian Securities and Investments Commission.
What is on Offer?
Koorana offers the right applicant:
- flexible, COVID-safe work arrangements;
- base salary of $75-$90K pro rata and access to a salary sacrifice option available to employees of Koorana;
- autonomy and collaboration with the executive management team.
How to Apply
Preferred candidates will be subject to a Working with Children and Criminal record check.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
No recruiters, please. We love the work you do but are going solo on this one. We promise… if we need help, we’ll reach out to you.