Koorana Child & Family Services Ltd
Belmore, Sydney NSW
Speech Pathologist (Healthcare & Medical)
Hybrid • Permanent • Part-time • Associate
Seeking an experienced Behaviour Support Practitioner with an interest in paediatrics to join our Early Intervention & Allied Health team!
What is on Offer?
- Salary based on qualifications and experience + annual performance reviews with options for career progression.
- Attractive salary package + salary packaging benefit (up to $18,550 per year) + options to access novated leasing arrangements, including a performance-based incentive program to reward employees who exceed their KPIs.
- Flexible working arrangements available to ensure a healthy work-life balance.
- Hybrid work environment incorporating our brand new office and clinic at Belmore.
- Professional training and development, encouraging employees to obtain relevant skills, knowledge, and abilities that enhance their performance in their current role and improve their potential to grow both personally and professionally within the organisation.
- Refer a Friend to Koorana’s incentive rewards program.
- Work mobile phone and Surface Pro provided.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses.
About the Role
You will be working in a variety of settings including clinic, community-based (in-home, early education settings and schools) and telehealth.
The Behaviour Support Specialist will deliver evidence-based, best practice intervention in line with the individual goals and requirements of each child and their respective family and the policies and procedures of Koorana. Some of the key responsibilities are:
- Apply evidence-based practice to develop, implement and evaluate the delivery of a quality service that is underpinned by evidence, current best practice and Koorana’s policies and procedures.
- Participate in a team approach to critical reflection and evaluation of service delivery.
- Complete and document assessments and reviews of individual children in a timely and efficient manner.
- Liaise with other key stakeholders in the child’s life to ensure that strategies can be generalised and implemented across multiple life domains on a day-to-day basis.
- Deliver appropriate evidence-based intervention that meet the needs of the child according to their goals and within the allocated hours of their NDIS plan or individual ambitions.
- As part of a transdisciplinary/multidisciplinary team, participate in support planning processes to deliver coordinated, effective intervention that meets the goals of the child’s NDIS plan or individual ambitions.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- To have outstanding time management skills.
- To be able to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team.
- The desire to be challenged and progress further.
- The ability to work autonomously and be efficient at problem-solving.
- To have a demonstrated ability to work in a culturally diverse community and build strong relationships with families.
Qualifications & Certifications
Registered as ‘Core’ or ‘Proficient’ Behaviour Support Practitioner with the NDIS.
- Appropriate qualifications.
- Appropriate industry registration.
- Working with Children Check (or awaiting).
- National Police Check.
- Current Drivers licence.
- 3 x Covid-19 vaccination or have an approved medical contraindication certificate.
We are a community-owned children’s organisation, working with all children, committed to the provision of high-quality early childhood education, intervention, and family support services across Sydney in ways that acknowledge and respect all individuals.
Koorana is committed to child safety and empowerment. Koorana has zero tolerance to child abuse and take seriously any concerns about child safety.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and support an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff from all ethnicities, faiths, sexual orientations, gender identities and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Please send your resume and answer the candidate screening questions. If you have any questions call Jane Munro on 0407 502 154 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
No recruiters, please. We love the work you do but are going solo on this one. If we need help, we’ll reach out to you.