Senior Occupational Therapist
Come join the team as a Senior Occupational Therapist
Koorana is seeking an experienced Senior Occupational Therapist to lead a multi-disciplinary team consisting of specialist teachers, speech pathologists, occupational therapists and physiotherapists, using the enhanced key worker model to support the therapeutic and intervention needs of children enrolled in a variety of settings.
Candidates are required to have:
• A recognised university degree in a relevant discipline
• Practicing membership of a relevant professional body
Experience & Skills
• Experience working with a paediatric caseload
• Practical experience in delivering therapy within natural learning environments e.g. home, educational and community based settings
• Experience in conducting a range of formal assessments and effective communication of assessment outcomes
• Knowledge of the principles of family-centred practice
• Experience in leading and supporting a multi disciplinary team
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to interpret professional reports
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative, prioritise, plan ahead, anticipate risks and problem solve
• Demonstrated ability to work in a culturally diverse community
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office computer applications.
We offer above award flexible conditions, professional development, and the opportunity to make a real difference in the community, working within a cohesive and supportive team.
For further information about the role, please call 8321 9600 or download the position description at www.koorana.org.au
Applications must include your resume and a statement which addresses all the selection criteria, along with details of 2 referees. Preferred candidates will be subject to a Working with Children Check and Criminal Record Check.
Opportunity for immediate start.
Please forward your application to email@example.com