Preschool Director [Early Childhood Teacher]
Come join the team as a Preschool Director
Koorana Child and Family Services is a community owned children’s organisation, committed to the provision of high quality early childhood education, intervention, and family support services across Sydney’s diverse Inner West and South West areas.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, energetic, skilled and passionate Early Childhood Teacher to join the Koorana team as our Preschool Director. The position is a teaching position and leadership of other educators in the implementation of a high quality, play based and inclusive curriculum as well as implementing inclusive practices for children with a diverse range of needs, within a family centred model.
To be successful candidates will have:
• University Degree specialising in Early Childhood Education as approved by ACECQA.
Experience & Skills
• A theoretical understanding of early child development and proven understanding of evidence based practice in early childhood education and care.
• Experience working with children of all abilities within an early childhood setting.
• Knowledge of applicable early childhood education law & regulations and the NSW disability standards, and experience in their practical application.
• Understanding of Early Childhood Intervention processes.
• Experience in leading and supporting educators.
• Experience in working collaboratively with external professionals to facilitate specific learning outcomes.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative, prioritise, plan ahead, anticipate risks and problem solve.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a culturally diverse community.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office computer applications.
• Respect for the philosophy and values held by Koorana.
• Exceptionally well organised.
• Current First Aid Certificate (including asthma and anaphylaxis management).
Koorana offers the right applicant
- the opportunity to work in an innovative preschool that runs during school hours and within school terms (please note that staff work in the non-term time period)
- generous programming and planning time
- office time and the assistance of an Office Administrator
- excellent child to educator ratios
- above Award conditions
- Tax-free salary sacrificing
- Ongoing professional development.
For further information please download the position description from www.koorana.org.au or email your enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must include your resume and a statement which addresses all the selection criteria, along with details of 2 referees. Preferred candidates will be subject to a Working with Children Check and a Police Check. Opportunity for immediate start.
Please forward your application to email@example.com.