Early Childhood Teacher / Project Lead – Start Strong Pathways Program
Join our team as Early Childhood Teacher / Project Lead.
Employer: Koorana Child and Family Services Ltd
Work Type/s: Full Time
Classification/s: Early Childhood Education
Location: Inner West, Sydney
Applications close: No Deadline – please apply as soon as possible, for an immediate start
Koorana is a community owned organisation committed to delivering high quality early childhood education, intervention and family support services that acknowledge and respect all individuals.
Koorana values self-determination, access and equity, mutual respect, collaboration, ethical behaviour and integrity. Our practice is driven by family centred principles, evidence based best practice, fostering natural community inclusion, quality management, and the key worker model.
Koorana’s services are designed to ensure that families are well informed, have choices, and are supported in their decisions.
About the Role
We have a fantastic opportunity for an University qualified, experienced, skilled and passionate teacher to join Koorana as part of our Start Strong Pathways Program team.
The aim of the Start Strong Pathways Program is to provide educational supports for very young children prior to preschool enrolment, strengthen the engagement of children within these services, and help promote the importance of early childhood education to parents.
To be successful candidates will need:
- Degree in Early Childhood Education.
- A theoretical understanding of child development and proven understanding of evidence based practice in early childhood
- Experience in the promotion of community development and group work
- A theoretical understanding of disabilities, experience working with children with additional learning needs within an early childhood setting
- Knowledge of National Regulations and Laws and disability standards, and experience in their practical application
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, prioritise, plan ahead, anticipate risks and problem solve
- Demonstrated ability to work in a culturally diverse community.
Koorana offers the right applicant
- attractive remuneration
- above Award salary and conditions
- tax free salary sacrificing benefits
- the opportunity to work in innovative community-based programs
- ongoing professional development
- flexible working conditions
How to apply for this job
For more information download the position description from www.koorana.org.au or call Helen Wilkinson, General Manager Client Services, on (02) 9750 4100.
To apply, please send your cover letter addressing the selection criteria and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Preferred candidates will be subject to a Working with Children Check and Criminal Record Check
While we really appreciate all applications, we can’t guarantee we will be able to get back to all who apply, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.