Early Childhood Educator
Come Join the Team as an Early Childhood Educator
Koorana Child and Family Services is a community owned children's organisation, committed to the provision of high quality early childhood education, intervention, and family support services across Sydney's diverse Inner West and South West areas.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, energetic Diploma qualified Educator to join our wonderful Koorana team. We're seeking a skilled and passionate educator to program and implement inclusive practices for children with a diverse range of needs, within a family centred model.
Candidates are required to have
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care or ACECQA approved equivalent qualification
an understanding of:
- National Quality Framework (NQF)
- Early Years learning Framework (EYLF)
- Child Protection legislation & implications
- Workplace Health & Safety legislation and issues
- be able to be proactive but also act on guidance and work according to organisational standards and expectations
- plan and implement a high quality early childhood curriculum
- enjoy working in a team focused setting
- be able to effectively communicate with children, families, other staff and Koorana management
- be passionate about play based education practice
- experience working with children with additional learning needs within an early childhood setting
- have a sound understanding of inclusive practice
- demonstrate experience working with vulnerable children and families with multiple and complex needs
- demonstrated ability to work in a culturally diverse community
- have the ability to effectively cooperate with other professionals
- have a high standard of both verbal and written skills
- an understanding of early child development and evidence based practice in early childhood education and care
- be able to engage children in age and developmentally appropriate activities and experiences
- current First Aid Certificate
Koorana offers the right applicant
- the opportunity to work in innovative programs that run during school hours and within school terms (please note that staff work in the non-term time period)
- generous programming and planning time
- excellent child (3-5 years) to educator ratios (1:6)
- above Award conditions
- tax free salary sacrificing
- Ongoing professional development.
For further information please download the position description or email your enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must include your resume and a statement which addresses all the selection criteria, along with details of 2 referees. Please forward your application to email@example.com.
Preferred candidates will be subject to a Working with Children and a Police Check.